- This simulator develops the skills of a continuous miner operator.
- Skills are developed progressively by subjecting the trainee to general,
specific and emergency training scenarios.
- Operator errors are recorded and reported.
- Alignment with coal face
- Cutting cycle
- Cutting a cross-cut
- Sweeping the floor
- Trimming the roof
- Cutting cycle: sump, shear, remove cusp, raise boom, advance
- Simulated remote control (with radio device) or on-board (from cab)
- Production analyses tool — Measures the relevant data of each of the cutting
- Artificial intelligence (AI) shuttle cars and humans
- Different seam heights simulated